this is a new feature on twirling pages in which xandra praises the day because it’s finally friday!! i suppose it’s a weekly recap, but i’m not entirely sure what this’ll end up being.
in terms of blogging and life, this week was a struggle. i kept getting distracted by who know’s what and oversleeping and getting behind schedule. sorry for the lack of posts & unenthusiasm! i occasionally get in these awful moods where i’m mad at myself for being unproductive, but have no desire to be productive. yeah, it’s terrible. but it seemed like there were a bunch of other reasons to celebrate this week! tuesday was internet best friend day <3; wednesday was earth day; thursday was world book day; today is st. mark’s eve, shakespeare’s birthday, and arbor day!
things you may have missed on twirling pages:
tensix favorite authors
- REVIEW: simon vs. the homo sapiens agenda; by becky albertalli
- (my lack of posts this week make me super super s a d)
things that happened in the real world:
- the cover of CARRY ON by rainbow rowell was released !!!
- jace for the “the shadowhunters” tv series has been casted!
- full house is coming back with a spin-off show (produced by netflix) called “fuller house”
- shake shack is moving to los angeles (burgers are very important)
- chipotle announced delivery (chipotle is very important)
books i began/continued reading (or rereading):
other things worth mentioning:
- i sent in my first arc request email! *exhale* i don’t particularly care if i get a response or anything, but i’m just proud of myself for sending it in. it was one of my new year’s resolution to contact publishers and i think i’m finally getting to it. i still consider myself a newbie blogger even though i’ve been blogging for over six months. there are lots of times i feel like i don’t have a ‘right’ to request for arcs. like, “why would or should publishers give me free books? i don’t even know what i’m doing.” but it doesn’t hurt to try.
- my lillytales or nook & burrow items arrived in the mail! i ordered three bookmarks and a buttery beer candle. my bookworm boutique mug also arrived. still waiting for my pillow though. pictures to come~
- my family bought a new rice cooker because our old one was dying. this new one is EPIC.
- i’m trying to resurrect my tumblr. changed the theme and added posts to the queue.
how was your week?